1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Hotmail - Strange error

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Harsha, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harsha

Harsha Thread Starter

Have not been able to check my hotmail account online for last 2 weeks or so. I get a strange message that i need to Upgrade my browser (full message posted below). I am running IE 7 and FF3, so cannot understand why it is asking me to upgrade browser.
    The message also says that if i dont want to upgrade my broswer i can proceed to hotmail but some functions may not work. However when i try that option i go into another error screen with 2 options both of which dont work (and there is no response) when clicking them almost like the browser is dead. The 2 options are
    1) try to return to windows hotmail
    2) report this problem to microsoft
    About a month ago i had been tuning up my pc and shut down a few services (cant remember which ones). Do you think this could be the reason?
    Can someone please help me with this issue. Many thanks

Original error message:-
    Upgrade your web browser
    We recommend that you upgrade your web browser so you can get the most out of Windows Live Hotmail. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. To get started, choose one of the browsers below:
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Mozilla Firefox
    Apple Safari
    If you don’t want to upgrade right now you can still continue to Windows Live Hotmail, but some parts of it may not work and it may not be displayed properly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice