1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live- Invalid IP address + Error code 81000306

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by KENZIE2177, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KENZIE2177

KENZIE2177 Thread Starter

[​IMG] Solved: Windows Live- Invalid IP address + Error code 81000306
    Hello. I'm having an issue with Windows Live Messenger.
    I'm on a new PC, literally delivered today with Windows vista. I go about the normal thing to do when one gets a new computer, install the programs that were on the old one. WLM was working fine when I initially installed it but after a reboot it wouldn't connect regardless of what I did. The reboot also took a large amount of time, showing just the colour of my desktop (no icons or the wallpaper or even the task bar ) for a good 3 minutes. I've restarted twice since then.

When I try to connect I get the following issue:
    Error code: 81000306
    Your machine appears to have an Invalid IP address.

I've attempted to reset my IP adress (usingipconfig /release And ipconfig /renew) and gotten "No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has media disconnected" both connected and disconnected to the net.

I've also tried to follow the
    Start/run/
    regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll ( The module Wintrust.dll was loaded but the call to Dll Register Server failed with error code 0x80070005

For more information about this problem search online using the error code as a search term.)
    regsvr32 initpki.dll (The module "initpki.dll" failed to load

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependant .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found. )
    regsvr32 MSXML3.dll ( The module MSXML3.dll was loaded but the call to Dll Register Server failed with error code 0x80070005

For more information about this problem search online using the error code as a search term.)
    meathod and only been able to get anything out of the first option aside from errors.

I have also emptied the cache and reset the settings to the defaults on IE.

I have also disabled my fire wall and gotten all the same results.

I've near driven myself up a wall trying to fix this issue and I'm plum lost on what to do. I've placed this in software as this is the only program that's shown any true affliction thus far. (If it's not the appropriate board then please point me to the correct one.) I can't connect to Live via web messenger or Trillian, either. Aim and Yahoo on Trillian are working perfectly well though, as is pretty much everything else.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/947717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice