1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows live mail 2011

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by michiganmachinin, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. michiganmachinin

michiganmachinin Thread Starter

Yesterday I downloaded (quite by accident) Windows Live Mail 2011. I'm stumbling around in it. The worst problem as of now is that when I try to view my list of sent emails, I cannot view them by who I sent them to. I use this all day for my work. I've tried selecting different options, none seems to work.

2. michiganmachinin

What I should have said in my earlier question is that I want my "sent" message list to appear exactly as my "In box" message list: two lines on the left that include address and subject, with the date on the right--all within view without scrolling. In order to search who I sent to, I have to select "One line" view, and then scroll across to see the date. When I select "Two line" view for my "Sent" folder, it only shows the subject, not who I sent to. What I really want is Outlook back, I guess. So far, I don't see that I've gained anything from Windows Live 2011.

3. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi,

I know it takes a while to become experienced at using forums..... As you see, I have Merged your two threads (separate questions in separate threads, which appeared in the same forum Web & Email) into one thread, which is this one, and the one I would ask that you continue to use for this issue (Windows Live 2011). Make all your posts and replies here please.

TSG site allows you just one thread Open at any time for the same problem. If the next question you have, is part of this issue, you do not have to start a new thread, just ask it here and we will see. It's often easier to just stick with one thread until you become expert at finding and keeping track of threads.

You can always find your thread by looking in the "View Subscribed" posts that you see in the left hand column, after you log in to the site> Click on My Account at the top and then on the left, down that list, click on "List Subscriptons"

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Why didn't you just delete it? Now that you've installed it you could uninstall. I guess I don't understand the "accident" part and yet you are now using it?

Why did you discontinue using Outlook and why can't you use it now?

5. michiganmachinin

It came under the guise of "Important updates", and since the guy we hire for our IT has chided me in the past for not updating, I updated. Then when I next opened the little envelope icon on the bottom of my screen--voila! there was Windows Live 2011, and nothing looked the same. When I go to "all programs" and click Outlook, it tells me that Live has taken over and I can't have it. So I thought maybe I should just join this century and figure out how to use it. I work in Excel and draw manufacturing prints in Visio all day long. I'm thinking perhaps I shouldn't have listed my computer literacy as "intermediate". Can you tell an old beginner how to fix my "send" list?

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Microsoft seems to be trying to sneak in Windows Live Essentials 2011 (including, of course, Windows Live Mail) by hook or by crook. :( I went back to the previous few Windows Live Essentials applications that I use.

I'm guessing that you were already using at least one Windows Live program in order to get the update.

I have no clue why it will not allow the use of Outlook. I can understand that it may have made itself the default email client, but you sure should be able to still use your for-pay program (Outlook)! What is the exact error message you get when you try to use Outlook?

I'll install W.L Mail 2011 and see if I can figure anything out for you. But, given the price, it will definitely not have the features for flexibility of Outlook or of a well developed email client like Thunderbird (had to get a plug in for that somehow :) ).

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977291

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice