1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Mail 2012 cannot retrieve emails

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by BCgreen, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BCgreen

BCgreen Thread Starter

I have Windows Live Mail 2012 and I use to receive emails from yahoo. I can go to the internet and retrieve my emails going to Yahoo.com, but I use to get them automatically without having to go through the extra steps of going to the internet.
    When ever open up Live Mail and click on Send/Receive or f5 button I get a small window asking to log on - Yahoo, asking for user name and password for the following server.
    It is auto filled and when I click okay or cancel, within a second or two the same screen pops up again.
    My computer is Windows 7 Home premium

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. BCgreen

BCgreen Thread Starter

I have checked all settings and look correct. I used Cosco concierge service and they did a remote look at the computer and did not have an answer.
    In noticed that Server - pop.mail.yahoo.com, mine has plus in front of pop.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  5. BCgreen

BCgreen Thread Starter

So now I can receive emails but not able to send. I still have to go to the internet, to yahoo mail to get my messages and send emails.
    I was able to partially fix my problem of not get email to my computer by putting in a Yahoo code that they sent me, but that only helped at getting messages but not able to respond or create new messages.
    Trying to get a phone number or a chat session for Yahoo seems to be impossible.

6. BCgreen

BCgreen Thread Starter

I found a number for Yahoo and talked to a third party and they did a remote control check of my computer and said the computer hàs been hacked, and that's why I am having trouble with emails. I was told I need ant-hacking software & major firewàll.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1162772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice