Windows Live Mail 2012 & MS Outlook 2013

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GummoMarx

Now that Windows Live Mail 2012 is now on death row, I've successfully added my three Hotmail accounts to my Outlook 2013 client.

When one opens WLM, an indicator appears beside each account to show the number of new emails for the particular account.

This doesn't appear to happen in Outlook 2013 - anyone know how this can be done - it would save having to open each account in turn to see if emails are present.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5160 @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 10239 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238372 MB, Free - 71412 MB; D: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 124207 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 0A08h
Antivirus: None

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
I have never seen that option and I have been using Outlook since Outlook 95.

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
I do not use a separate pst for each email account. I like having them all in one pst and do not have any problem with them all mixed in the listing.

GummoMarx

I do not use a separate pst for each email account. I like having them all in one pst and do not have any problem with them all mixed in the listing.
Until now, I'd assumed all five of my accounts would automatically be in the one pst.

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
On the newer versions of Outlook (2016) the default is a new PST for each email account.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online