1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Mail giving me a weird problem. Please help.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sockableclaw, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sockableclaw

sockableclaw Thread Starter

Recently, I started noticing that whenever I start up my computer and open up Windows Live Mail, it'll start accessing my hard drive for a good while and, as a result of this, it will cause other things on my computer to load up longer than usual (like Dead Island, for example, will take ages to load when Windows Live Mail is reading my hard drive). Only way I can fix this is by sitting there and waiting for Windows Live Mail to finish reading my hard drive or by exiting out of Windows Live Mail via the task manager (after this my comp will load up things just fine). I did a virus scan and I am virus free.

Something is up with my Windows Live Mail and I don't know what it is. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

2. DariusSupport

DariusSupport

All of the mail from Live is stored on your hard drive in your computer, so the first question is do you have a lot of emails, contacts, etc associated with your windows live account?

3. sockableclaw

Yes I do. But the weird thing is, it wasn't doing this before yesterday. I have e-mails all the way back from 2003.

4. DariusSupport

DariusSupport

If you can please go through your email and delete any that you don't need anymore, then I can direct you through a hard drive clean up proccess.

5. sockableclaw

Done.

6. DariusSupport

DariusSupport

What operating system do you have windows xp, 7, or 8?

7. sockableclaw

Windows 7.

8. DariusSupport

DariusSupport

first thing is that we are going to get rid of outdated or useless files on your computer with 'disk clean up', when it comes up it will evaluate your computer and could take a bit of time, after that you will see a list of things that it will 'clean up' for you. Do not check compress old files, any of the other ones are fine. Here is a link to help: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/delete-files-using-disk-cleanup let me know when this is done and i'll post the next step.

9. sockableclaw

Done.

10. DariusSupport

DariusSupport

11. sockableclaw

12. DariusSupport

DariusSupport

ok, restart your computer then and let me know

13. sockableclaw

Didn't work, I'm afraid.

14. golddust

golddust

Did you also delete all your SENT emails (as well as Junk)? That's one a lot of people forget.

15. sockableclaw

Sure did.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1092781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice