1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Mail -Inbox isn't showing emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dprattski, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dprattski

dprattski Thread Starter

I have Windows 8.1, 64 bit OS. I've added my email account into WLM (using IMAP settings). I made several folders and transferred a lot of saved emails into different folders. After finishing, I clicked on the Inbox folder, and received the following error:

There are no items in this view. Some items may be hidden because a view is applied.

I know there were over 25 emails sitting in the Inbox, but now I can't see them. I've tried changing settings in the View drop down menu, but nothing is bring back the emails.

When I access by email via webmail, I can see all the emails that are in my Inbox.

SO what should the settings be to bring back my Inbox emails?

dprattski

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I don't think Windows Live Mail will install on Windows 8 as it has the Mail application. I know that Windows Mail (Vista era) had a feature where you can set the view to not show anything that has been read. When you saw them online, were they read?

3. dprattski

dprattski Thread Starter

I was able to download WLM on the desktop side of my Windows 8 laptop. I was using it fine until I decided to change from POP3 to IMAP because I use my personal laptop and my work laptop and wanted the folders in WLM to update on the one laptop when I was using the other. Even after changing to IMAP, at first, it all worked great. Then suddenly, I lost all the previous emails. And they are gone from the online web mail as well.
    Thanks for trying to help!

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Who is your email provider?

5. dprattski

dprattski Thread Starter

My ISP is Cox

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    So to confirm, the email is also provided by Cox?

7. dprattski

dprattski Thread Starter

Yes, Cox provides our email, cable and home phone service. I have attached a screenshot of the message I kept getting.

Attached Files:

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    OK. Sometimes that shows if you are not in a folder on the left but if that's not the case, go to View on the top and check for Filter Messages and see what is selected.

9. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

At the bottom of the screen shot there looks to be something that says Cox IMAP. Is everything there? An account configured with IMAP won't download messages to Inbox. They'll stay in the IMAP folders.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1115441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice