Solved Windows Live Mail is no longer alive for me...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

perihelio

Issue with Windows Live Mail 2012. Running Windows 10. Have used this for years with no issues but now am having problems sending and receiving email. When I send, the email goes into the outbox and stays there. Periodically I'm asked for a password for the RR email server. When entered I keep getting a message that the password is incorrect. YET. YET. Yet, when I go to Webmail.ec.rr.com and sign into the email with the same password...THAT opens fine.

I get an error box which means noting to me...I'll attache it here if I can add an attachment.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has a clear answer....

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8127 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 931641 MB, Free - 292477 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0KWVT8
Antivirus: Norton 360, Disabled

Attachments

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The error message is saying that you have entered the wrong password.

Did you change the password?

perihelio

No change in password. As I mentioned in my post, the password WORKS on the email server. The issue has something to do with opening it with LIVE MAIL and LIVE MAIL not agreeing that the password is correct.

Oddba11

Jim
Could be a Win10 issue.

It's apparently supported through Win8.1 and "compatible" with Win10 (when fully patched).

perihelio

Fully patched? I'm fond of the Windows Live Mail interface and don't really want to dump it. Educate me, please.

Oddba11

Jim
ie: Windows update has been run and all updates/patches have been installed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online