1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Mail issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by KHILL, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KHILL

KHILL Thread Starter

Win7 64 bit. Xmas present...went from XP to Win7 with no Vista in between, so not at all familiar with WIN7. Opened Windows Live Mail account. Tried to "sync" Yahoo account info, but did something wrong and it would not accept my Yahoo PW. I uninstalled WLM, then reinstalled it. Reason for this: my "send link by email" and "send page by email" as well as when I click on "File" sebd link or send page by email is shaded grey, will not highlight and allow me to use. I thought uninstalling/reinstalling would correct it, but did not. I really miss having this function & hope someone can tell me how to restore it. Be advised, I'm nearly 70, not very patient, but very appreciative ~ just need to keep it simple. thanx.l

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 5942 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1348 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 461838 MB, Free - 419237 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WXY9J, A09, .2QR1YM1.CN701660BO004I.
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. KHILL

KHILL Thread Starter

I do not have a Yahoo "plus" account...just the everyday freebie. I don't really want to integrate the two email accounts (WINDOWS LIVE MAIL AND YAHOO). I just want to get my computer back to the point where I can use the "send page by email" and "send link by email" options. The reason the two accounts were linked in the first place was because my son thought I needed it and I agreed. However, apparently it was never set up correctly and that's why it didn't work. Please, how do I restore the "send page/link by email"? THANX

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    it didn't work because yahoo charge you for this service to connect to the email account
    did this work with yahoo in XP ?

5. KHILL

KHILL Thread Starter

I don't mean to seem ungrateful, but can we get away from the Yahoo issue? Unless, of course it has something to do with the fact that I can't use the "send page/link by email" issue. I can use my Yahoo account just fine and don't care if it's tied in with Windows Live. Thanks.

6. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    Assuming you are using IE?
    Open the Control Panel and select "default programs ", Choose "set program access and computer defaults". Next choose "custom."
    Unselect "use current web browser" and select ie8.
    Do same for email.
    Click apply

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice