1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Mail question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bilnrobn, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    I've just set up Windows Live Mail and I've created Categories for my contacts. I occasionally want to send an email to all or some of the contacts in a particular Category. (Like a newsletter to all member of a Club when I have a category for that club.) To have to pick through the main contacts list to include the desired contacts when they are already all together in a Category should be unnecessary.

I assume there is a way to do this but I am having trouble finding it Can anyone help please?.

2. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    I think I've found a way but it is a bit unwieldy. Is there a better way?

Go to 'Contacts' and select the Category with the contacts you wish to email.
    Highlight the contacts you want to send the message to and right click and choose 'Send email'
    This will open the 'Compose' page with the selected addresses in the 'To' box. So far that is acceptable.

However, if you wish to use the Cc or Bcc box you will then need to highlight the contacts in the 'To' box and cut/paste them into the Cc or Bcc box. It doesn't seem possible to do it with just the one pass, you need to go via the 'To' box.

Also, if you want to send the same email to contacts in different Categories you can only do it via a fresh email, you can't add them to the existing one other than by typing in the addresses manually one at a time. This is because your only option after highlighting the contacts in a different Category is "Send email". You can't copy/paste. Even Crtl/C and Ctrl/V won't work.

So it seems Live Mail doesn't have the same flexibility as the old Outlook Express. Am I missing something?

3. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Certainly does seem a bit unwieldy. But since I have no need to do what you want, I really can't offer any suggestions. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice