Windows live mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Ah, OK.
Is this with a particular account or all?
Which version of Windows Live Essentials is installed. - 2011 or 2012?

Hi. I only have 1 account with A1
Installed version is 2012 Build number 16.4.3528.0331
Worked fine with Windws 7 but with Windows 10 this problem has cropped up.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
No that’s fine anyway I wouldn’t recommend to do so on a public forum. If possible you can send it to me via PM, click on my username to see if there’s a contact me option.
I will email myself & confirm whether I can do so.
I only use Live Mail as a secondary email client as it has more features than the inbuilt Windows Mail.

Hello. Sorry for the delay, but we have had some visitors come, and I have been popping in and out to write to you, but they have gone now.

Hello Again.
Thank you for your time and effort. It is still not working for me.
Have uninstalled it, removed the legacy files in case something stays behind thats mucking up.
still no joy.
continually doing research and found some info that it needs an update to make it work -KB3093594, which it seems has been withdrawn as it caused too many problems.
I have now spent a good 6 hours researching and b******ing about to no avail, and all points to an answer on my machine not being available.
I think I must try another mail program. There must be a way of transfering mails and contacts to it.
Goodbye live mail after many usefull years.

Thank you again for your help Virginia.

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
Thanks for the continued help. on neither of your 2 links was I able to get a download, but doesnt matter.
I am making a last effort ( on my other machine) as I write. I have tried to install ALL programs in case some file was needed, but still doesnt work.
I will use the windows Mail App or Thunderbird. lets see if I can get them working.

thanks again and Bye
Hello Virginia. Are you there? I really am F**** up. what is wrong with me.
Im trying to set up a mail account in windows 10 with the Mail App, and the system goes off trying to get my account working with those little bubbles going across the screen showing it is trying to do something, but after 10 minutes it is still trying. I have tried using the "other account, POP IMAP" and also the bottom option ( is it advanced settings ? because it appears in German on my screen as I am in Austria)
I have uninstalled the App and downloaded it again from the App store. no change. Any ideas please ?

hello !!!! something has now happened and I have another screen come up and although it says it cant reach my account I may have more luck on this screen to set it up. I will try

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
It seems that Wlmail is no longer available, however I still have my version available via MediaFire:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xz856963cuy15zq/wlsetup-all.exe/file

It usually does that when it cannot confirm the account details, ensure the settings are correct:
imap: securemail.a1.net:993:1
smtp: securemail.a1.net:587:1
SSL on
Username is your full email address.

If they use 2-step authentication then you may need to use this & create an app specific password which is entered in place of the account password.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online