Windows live messenger email change

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Margstertz

Does anyone know how to change my sign in Email address. I will be changinging ISPs and will loose my address. It's dialup! I have windows hot mail. I also have my own group. I will also be getting another laptop, but I want to keep live messenger on this one. Thanks!:eek:

leroys1000

Banned
Your hotmail email is usually the sign in email for messenger.
You won't lose your hotmail address because you change your ISP.

Margstertz

Thanks leroys1000,

My sign in address is my dialup ISP email . The hot mail was created recently. I can sign into windows live. I can't sign into live messenger or My group. They were created using my dialup email address. I only had my PC a few months then and I didn't know much and still don't about computers. I can't get any info from MSN.

leroys1000

Banned
Open windows live messenger.
Can you click your name and click sign out from here?
Then try logging in with your new live email?
I don't think you are going to be able to transfer your old account or
groups.
You would need to send update to your contacts about the new user account.
You probably also need to make a list of your groups and join them
with the new login.

Margstertz

Thanks. I am the owner of the group and its private and I chat on line withe the other members on live messenger. Windows live messenger seems to be the only site that you can't change your email address. Thanks for your help. But I don't want to take a chance on losing it yet! I can keep my dialup untill july Its paid till then.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online