1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Messenger error 8000401a

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by louise123, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. louise123

louise123 Thread Starter

Ive recently started getting the error message 8000401a on Windows Lives Messenger 2009 as soon as I try to login- it says the service is temporarily unavailable. Ive tried repairing it through the change/remove function within the control panel, Ive tried uninstalling deleting all temp folders, cache and registry entry and redownloading it but no joy, and this error comes up with both of my email addresses as the login.

I had a virus on my comp earlier which AVAST took care of, and I have downloaded some new anti-malware packages today, but theyre not blocking it I dont think as even when I turn off any live protection I still get the error message. Windows live does not list this error in their support area and google searches present no solutions.

Any ideas why and what I can do to be aboe to login??

2. louise123

louise123 Thread Starter

I forgot to add that Ive checked I def dont have a virus or malware (ran so many different scans today!), plus when you google it lots of people seem to be getting it and asking for a solution but there doesnt seem to be a conclusive answer

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/883394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice