1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Messenger error 80040154

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by susieq29, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susieq29

susieq29 Thread Starter

Boy if anyone can figure it out I would be grateful. When I was signing into MSN live messenger I got a message failed because the service is temp unavailble. I looked on msn and did a clean uninstall then did a reinstall from download on msn live. It still did not work and I got the same message. I also tried several other things I run: MSXM13.msi did not work. I tried %windr%system32\regsvr with all the dll for every file that was listed on internet pertaining to this error and nothing works. I can get into my mail account with no problem just can't get into messenger live. I am using XP Pro on inspiron 9200 notebook. This program worked before. :mad:

After much work and time I found a way to get on the windows live messenger. I opened my Hotmail account and then clicked on messenger low and behold it said available I was able to open it by selecting a name of an available person and I was on.
    I am going to try all the stuff but I think it will work this way. For some strange reason it will not sign in directly to windows live messenger from my computer without going to hotmail first. But I still can't video from this site and that is what I want to do. Bummer I thought I found it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914557

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice