Windows Live Messenger Error 81000306

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

crw8639

I recently had a SpeedStream 6520 wireless ADSL router installed in my home and ever since I am have been unable to log onto Windows Live Messenger always receiving the error message 81000306. I've tried all the steps that are laid out on the windows live help website and they do not work. What should I try to do to get it working again?

P.S.

I am able to get on to Windows Live Messenger using my sister's laptop (which uses the same router) however I am still unable to get on to it using my desktop computer.

Error 81000306: We were unable to sign you into Windows Live Messenger possibly because of a problem with the service or with your internet connection. Please make sure you are connected to the internet.

Windows Live Messenger made several failed attemtps to sign you in. Your firewall may be blocking Windows Live Messenger from connecting to the service. Please review your firewall settings

P.S. I did review my firewall settings and Windows Live Messenger is in the trusted zone (I have Zone Alarm Security Suite)

crw8639

The version of Zone Alarm (6.5) I was running was conflicting with Windows Live Messenger. I updated both of them, and they are working fine.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Ah :) ZA is nortorious for blocking programs :)

(y) good to hear you have found the solution.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online