1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Messenger Error 81000306

Discussion in 'Networking' started by crw8639, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crw8639

crw8639 Thread Starter

I recently had a SpeedStream 6520 wireless ADSL router installed in my home and ever since I am have been unable to log onto Windows Live Messenger always receiving the error message 81000306. I've tried all the steps that are laid out on the windows live help website and they do not work. What should I try to do to get it working again?

P.S.

I am able to get on to Windows Live Messenger using my sister's laptop (which uses the same router) however I am still unable to get on to it using my desktop computer.

Error 81000306: We were unable to sign you into Windows Live Messenger possibly because of a problem with the service or with your internet connection. Please make sure you are connected to the internet.

Windows Live Messenger made several failed attemtps to sign you in. Your firewall may be blocking Windows Live Messenger from connecting to the service. Please review your firewall settings

P.S. I did review my firewall settings and Windows Live Messenger is in the trusted zone (I have Zone Alarm Security Suite)

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Does it say what type of error it is?

3. crw8639

crw8639 Thread Starter

The version of Zone Alarm (6.5) I was running was conflicting with Windows Live Messenger. I updated both of them, and they are working fine.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Ah :) ZA is nortorious for blocking programs :)

(y) good to hear you have found the solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/547774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice