1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Messenger Error code 80072.ee7

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by garf1955, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. garf1955

garf1955 Thread Starter

i have an HP laptop running vista. I just downloaded an update to both windows live and Zone Alarm. I now recieve the error code 80072.ee7 when i try to sign in to messenger. i've gone into zone alarm's program controls and ensured that messenger was good to go. i've also disabled the firewall. neither worked and i still get the error code. i decided to install an older version of messenger, but when i go to control panel/programs and features to remove the new messenger, it doesn't show up. there are some windows live... entries, but none that say messenger. i have even tried to restore to a previous date (at least three times), but none have been successful. help! thanks.

2. parman

parman

3. garf1955

garf1955 Thread Starter

had already been there and tried what it suggested.

4. parman

parman

Be sure that you're using version 5 or later. (Choose Help, About Windows Messenger, to determine which version you're currently using. You can download version 5 from the microsoft download center from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/messenger.) Version 5 solved problems that some users experienced when connecting to the .net messenger service in earlier versions.
    If you're using windows firewall, delete and re-create the exception for windows messenger.Open windows firewall (in control panel, security center), click the exceptions tab, select windows messenger, and click delete. The next time you run windows messenger, select unblock this program and click ok. If you still have problems with windows messenger and windows firewall, reset the firewall to its default state.(In windows firewall, click the advanced tab an then click restore defaults.)
    If all else fails, try using msn messenger.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/808511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice