1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Messenger - Installation Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Taffy13, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taffy13

Taffy13 Thread Starter

Downloaded Messenger 2011 onto my new computer recently; however, when I went to open it, it couldn't find the files it needed. Went searching for the program everywhere, nowhere to be found, not even on the Programs List. So, I decided, best thing to do would be to re-download it, but when the new installer opened, it said that the program was already installed, despite its apparent absence from the computer.
    There is a similar problem with Adobe Flash - tried to re-download it, but it continues to believe it's on my system. Hopefully I explained the problem well :/

Any and all help appreciated.

2. yoman125

yoman125

Hi Taffy13, Have you try to re-install the MSN Live Messenger? Go to Control Panel>Under Program>Click Uninstall a Program. There could be a problem with the registry. Did you install the MSN on different drive?

3. Taffy13

Taffy13 Thread Starter

Yeah, that's the problem. Installed on C drive, but the computer has no apparent records that it was installed and it's not in the Programs List..
    Tried reinstalling, still got the same message that it was already installed... I was thinking it might be the registry, not too familiar with all that though...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1017060

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice