1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live Messenger Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jake1234, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jake1234

jake1234 Thread Starter

Hi guys, hoping you will be able to help me out with my Windows Live Messenger, Microsoft forced all users to update to this new version, great, well not really for a lot of people, like me :S, I am now receiving error 80040154, I have tried EVERYTHING that I can find to try and fix it with no luck. Internet connection is fine, firewall is set up correct, and so is everything else, I can't find where this error is and nor can I fix it, all help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Jake.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. jake1234

jake1234 Thread Starter

Unfortunately I've already read both of those threads and tried what has been discussed with no luck!

Thanks for links though!

(Windows Live is still not working)

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

CAn you system restore back to before the update
    I refused to update mine

5. jake1234

jake1234 Thread Starter

I've already tried that, it doesn't actually allow me to Log In unless I download and install the new update

6. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

7. jake1234

jake1234 Thread Starter

Thanks for that, unfortunately I have already tried that, nevertheless I tried it again and it still didn't work.

Jake.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/861401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice