1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows live Messenger. Remote assistance crash, major fault win32

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pierjean, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pierjean

pierjean Thread Starter

my computer is AMD athlon 1.09 Gz, 2.00Gb Ram 320 HDD using a 4mb.cable modem with router. trying to help a friend and responding to a request with remote assistance in windows Live Messenger. Both computers runing windows XP.

The requesting remote computer is experiencing a Major fault /crash when accepting my viewing of its screen. scaning of its drive will follow upon rebooting (sometimes twice in a row). this happen as soon as requesting assistance person accept my viewing of its screen.

I am still able to view the remote screen and ask for full access. after full access is accepted I am able to move files in remote computer without ever accepting to close the warning. "".Major fault computer will close" ". S2 App name SVhost.exe. s2 App Ver 5.1.2600.2180 - S2 Mod name termSRV.dll.Generic Host win32""

no time to check for anything remotely before -remote computer crashes. tried several time. with same result. Thanks for assistance in this matter.

2. Sponsor

3. cancon

cancon

Sounds like your friend has a serious virus...any more info on what error message(s) he recieved?

4. pierjean

pierjean Thread Starter

actually this is my 75 year old sister in France. she is very computer illiterate, does not surf the web and receives email only from me, I know my files are virus free. On my recent trip there I installed norton antivirus with automatically installed updates, a virus sounds unlikely,
    (but ....) could it be the only reason? her computer is an older Dell desktop, 750 mhz pentium 3 with 256 mb of ram. she also experiences lots of communication problems with newly installed DSL. (tele2 as ISP) Could it be the problem (although I think of this unlikely too beside having slow communication...) could it be a registry problem or harware problem (HDD ?)

5. pierjean

pierjean Thread Starter

6. cancon

cancon

hmmm, have you tried the basic windows messenger instead of live to see if the same thing happens?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/523418

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice