Windows Live Messenger Sign-In Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

YamiPaul

Whenever i sign in under my screenname on windows live messenger if i sign in with a status other than show as offline "the connection is lost" after a few seconds but as long as i show as offline i can stay signed in does anyone know how to fix or what causes this? If i sign in showing as offline the moment i change status it disconnects as well but logging in under my girlfriends account works fine

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Have you upgraded to Windows Live Messenger 2009(14.0.8089.0726)?

Read here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
OK. I don't know what the problem is then.

Click "Report" and request your thread be transferred to the "Web & Email" section. You may get better help there.

----------------------------------------------------------------

YamiPaul

alright so i removed all my windows live software but at my startup somehow windows messenger still opens how should i go about removing it? and isnt winlogon.exe what connects the msgr? shouldnt that be gone? it still shows in my task manager and i cant end the process

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It's normal for winlogin.exe to be in the Windows Task Manager list.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you uninstalled Windows Live Messenger, the built-in Windows Messenger that's part of the operating system has come back to life. You need to go into its Tools/Preferences/Options section and disable the commands that tell it to load when Windows starts.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts