1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live messenger

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sarahb1964, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sarahb1964

sarahb1964 Thread Starter

When signing into wlm the page opens and as soon as it connects an error message appears (with the option to send to microsft; which I have done 20/30 times now) and then wlm shuts down. This sometimes then crashes IE. THIS ONLY HAPPENS ON ONE MACHINE - I can sign on on another PC with no problems, and a friend can sign on from the machine that wont allow me to sign on. WE have uninstalled wlm 8, deleted wlm from the registry and reinstalled - the same thing happens.

ANy ideas? :confused:

2. destinknee

destinknee

what does the error message say?

3. sarahb1964

sarahb1964 Thread Starter

The error message is the default one that offers to send details to microsoft
    It says exception information and lists loads of stuff ie:

module 2
    ntdll.dll
    Image base 0x7c90000
    checksum 0x000af2f7
    version information

this goes on for ages

Is that any help, I'm sorry that I dont understand any of it, but I sent it to microsft anyway (several times)

4. destinknee

destinknee

One thing I hate about microsoft error messages is that it doesn't give any useful information (to the average user anyway).

Unfortunately, I have no resources to help you out.

There was a time, though, that I had a similar problem with messenger and many people with the same internet provider complained about the same thing. I changed providers and never had that problem. This could have nothing to do with your problem though. (but a little extra info never hurts)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice