1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Live one Care

Discussion in 'General Security' started by mivers, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mivers

mivers Thread Starter

I bought a Windows Live One Care at wal-mart and I am having trouble getting it to load, it starts to load but when it comes to the download and installing page it gives me an error #0018-80070641 and tells me to contact support which I did and I uninstalled norton(my old security)and did the rest of what it said to do and still no luck getting Live One Care loaded, I am thinking about taking it back to Wally World and getting Norton again, also I am having trouble downloading my up dates from Microsoft they too won't load. I have a Dell Inspiron 531S, Do you have any suggestion before I make my trip to Wal-Mart? I am a 70yr. old novice when it comes to computers...

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

3. mivers

mivers Thread Starter

I went through and did what Mirosoft said to do but,, some would'nt work. when I tried to unistall msxml it said that I was in safe mode or that windows installer was not correctly installed.
    In method # 3 said to uninstall netframe 2, I do not have netframe 2, I have two netframe 1.1 one is a hotfix KB 928366
    I have had trouble with Microsft update not downloading and it saying that I wasin safe mode, I took it off and now I just use Windows updates.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't understand what you posted. Are you still having a problem? If so, be specific when describing error messages, and double-check the actual text. Instead of "netframe", you probably mean ".NET Framework".

5. mivers

mivers Thread Starter

The biggest problem seems to be when ever I try to complete one of the methods it has an error that says "Your window installer is not installed correctly or you are running in safe mode" I see the running in safe mode more often then anything else.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753677

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice