1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Locking UP!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ClearHorizOn, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClearHorizOn

ClearHorizOn Thread Starter

So Ive got a seemingly unique situation! I have an Asus laptop with Windows 7. Its a year or so old and runs really well for the most part. When I am at home i plug my laptop into my larger LCD display monitor for easier viewing. However it seems that in the past 6 months or so whenever my laptop is in portable mode (not plugged into my monitor/keyboard) it acts extremely unstable. For example it is very frequent that my Windows 7 start menu bar, along with every application pinned to it, is non responsive to the cursor. When i hover over the start menu i can not click on anything. I am forced to hit my windows key and tab through to restart my computer. It is not just the start menu, but everything in a window... i can click on desktop items but that is virtually it. This never happens when i am using my at home monitor... Weird huh? Any ideas as to whats going on? Id appreciate any help! :) thanks!

2. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

I'd start by opening Event Viewer and looking at the error log. I frequently see issues with Asus FastBoot and FancyBoot, so I would uninstall them.

3. ClearHorizOn

ClearHorizOn Thread Starter

Thanks! Il give it a try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice