1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Logo Testing what?!?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kaotic1337, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaotic1337

kaotic1337 Thread Starter

Im having a problem with internet explorer and im following the instructions off the microsoft website for reinstalling it --> Click Here and yet i keep running into a "windows logo testing" error and wont let me reinstall it.

Can someone please help me with trying to find a way around this problem because i really need to reinstall my internet explorer.
    Inclosed is a screenshot of the error screen i keep getting.

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.
    Thanks,
    Kaotic

Attached Files:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. kaotic1337

4. kaotic1337

:mad: :mad: :mad: This tech support forum is useless, i never get any help or any straight answers!!!! (n) :(

5. Boo_Compaq

Boo_Compaq

Wow...well dont expect to get any answers when you call everyone on the forum useless.

Do you have administrator privileges on your account that you are trying to install with? Usually when I get the logo message, i can just hit continue anyways.

Next time keep your cool please. Im sure people WHO ARE TRYING TO HELP YOU do not appreciate being called useless. And people have lives other than this support board, so if the responses arent immediate, do not get angry.

6. hewee

hewee

Yes we are all people just like you that like to help out.
    Some know more then others and we all do it for free.

Plus when you have trouble that others have never had or only some may of had then we can'r help you because we know nothing about it.
    I have Windows 98SE so I would never see the error you got.

7. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116

Click on the url above, go to article 822798 and see if it applies to your situation. It has nothing to do with the hotfix removal, totally different circumstances. How far back does your system restore go? YOU might be able to see if you installed it lately or not. Sometimes my hotfix items and security updates don't show up on add/remove even though system restore shows them downloaded. You might to to windows update, and check your updated or downloaded list. I forget what its called cause I never used it but its in windows update on the left. I think its files downloaded, you might see if you downloaded it or not.

8. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

Are you serious? NEVER? You only have 5 posts and 3 of them are right here.

You haven't given us much to work with.
    Read the rest of the article about the "work-around"

9. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116

Go into Control panel, click on systems. Go to the Hardware tab, then click on driver signing. It has three options, ignore, warn, and block. See which one you have checked, mine is warn, you might have it blocked. At the bottom, check the box marked make this action the system default. At the top paragraph, click on where it says tell me why this testing is important. You should get help and support page. There a a few sites you might try.

10. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116

Here's another idea to see if KB823559 is installed. Go to search, type KB823559 and hit search files and folders. If its loaded, it will come up in (C) or what your drive is, windows. Go into your drive, click on the windows folder, scroll down till you hit the K's. It should be there if it's downloaded. You might have to show hidden folders. Go into your drive folders, click on tools, folder options, hit the view tab, about halfway down, you will see show hidden files and folders. Default is to hide them but I have mine set to show them. That way you will know for sure if its there or not.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice