1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows m.e.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by J.K.J., Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. J.K.J.

J.K.J. Thread Starter

My Windows M.E. start-up sound dose not work all the time.Cant figuer it out.Thanks for any help.
    J.K.J.

2. aarhus2004

aarhus2004 Gone but always remembered

Hello J.K.J.,

It may help for you to say what you mean by 'start-up sound'. If you mean the beeps heard on startup together with the Microsoft sound please say so, and also let us know whether you have any sound once Windows is loaded.

Is the Volume Control icon present by the clock (bottom right hand corner)?

And what shows in the Control Panel | Sounds and Multimedia under the Sounds tab?

3. J.K.J.

J.K.J. Thread Starter

Yes i do mean the Microsoft sound on start -up.Yes i do have sound after start-up.The volume control icon is there on next to clock.Under sounds is :start windows is utopia windows start.Sorry
    J.K.J.

4. aarhus2004

Hello J.K.H.,

Your problem then only concerns the intermittency of the Microsoft Sound on Startup. You are using the 'Utopia' option and sometimes you hear it and sometimes not, but once Windows is loaded you always have sound. Just recapping for the experts!

Sorry to keep asking questions. But how recent is this problem? Have you tried the System Restore option to a date when the sound on startup was normal/consistent?

5. J.K.J.

J.K.J. Thread Starter

Yes thats my problem.It started the day i loaded windows M.E. it never worked right.Its not a big deal.Just thout i might try to get it to work.Thank for the help.
    J.K.J.

6. aarhus2004

J.K.J.

Why not try another scheme and see if there is a difference? The Windows Default one for instance. If you need help setting it up come back to this thread.

7. J.K.J.

J.K.J. Thread Starter

Ok thanks ill try that you guys are grate.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276039

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice