Windows mail and Windows live mail - Auto opening and wheres the new stationary?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Me22

Hi I have a new vista pc with windows mail on it and an xp machine on which I have downloaded windows live mail
However I cannot seem to find any stationary for either of them
outlook Express stationary I saved seems incompatable
Any ideas please?
I used to also create my own by finding a cute pic and setting it to the left of the page creating a border vertically all the way down.
However when I use the stationary wizard now to do that the picture I use fills the whole page
With the text all over it!
help lol

Also while i had outlook express I could se a webpage link I wanted to email or right click a photo to email it and just the message box came up

Now the whole email program opens - in windows and windows live too

I want all my mail to be downloade to just 1 computer
But now if I find a pic or something and click send by email the email program opens and al my mail downloads itself to the wrong pc!
help please :confused:

fairnooks

Banned
It goes in My Documents>My Stationary now with Live Mail as far as the background stationary goes. Not sure about compatibility with OE stationery but I would just ask to be sure you are trying to use the .htm stationery file and not the image file associated with it. Also be sure that both the .htm file and the image file are in the same folder if moved somewhere else.

The stationery creation wizard in Live Mail looks practically identical to the OE6 wizzard. For instance I can tile the picture vertically on the left side using it. A bit later in the wizzard I can also set the margins so the text body of the message won't come out on top of the graphic.

I don't know if there's a way not to have Live Mail start completely up just to send one message, might be stuck with that "feature." As far as only downloading to one computer, go into Tools>Accounts... and for each email account that applies, highlight it and choose properties and uncheck the "Include this account when receiving mail or sycronizing" box.

For Windows Mail

See my question & my solution here for opening a new email:

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/707814-solved-vista-how-do-you.html

Unless you made stationery using Visual Basic, you should be able to
use those made on OE.

As to the size of the picture you used in OE being smaller, are you using
the same exact picture and it comes out larger in Windows Mail? What
size is the picture (width/ height in pixels?).

By using Irfanview you can resize pictures (and do a lot more) so they are
suitable for emails. Read about it here. Download and install both the
viewer and the plug-ins.

http://www.irfanview.com/

If you have some specific question, post the code you used on the OE
stationery here and either I or someone might be able to help make it
work in Windows Mail.

Me22

thanks - fairnooks you said that - The stationery creation wizard in Live Mail looks practically identical to the OE6 wizzard. For instance I can tile the picture vertically on the left side using it. A bit later in the wizzard I can also set the margins so the text body of the message won't come out on top of the graphic.

But the pic sems too big Before I just found a pic on the net liked it and addd it to outlook express No question about the size
Just want to make or find some pretty and classy stationary with a border for both windows mails
In windows mail itself in vista I tried to download more of microsofts boring stationary But it seemed to disapper lol

You realize most people cannot see OE/Windows Mail stationery?
Many have their email set to text mode and no images will appear
in the body of the email. Even those that have HTML enabled,
there are some email services that cannot read all of the code.
Particularly older AOL based email and webmail.

Me22

Hi I understand that But I do check and it's pretty lol Well it was when I could create it or find it to fit the screen lol

fairnooks

Banned
I don't know that OE ever did any size modification of any images that were added as stationery. As VistaRookie alluded to, resizing and modifying the image you want to use before you make it stationery is a good idea.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online