1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows mail and Windows live mail - Auto opening and wheres the new stationary?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Me22, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Me22

Me22 Thread Starter

Hi I have a new vista pc with windows mail on it and an xp machine on which I have downloaded windows live mail
    However I cannot seem to find any stationary for either of them
    outlook Express stationary I saved seems incompatable
    Any ideas please?
    I used to also create my own by finding a cute pic and setting it to the left of the page creating a border vertically all the way down.
    However when I use the stationary wizard now to do that the picture I use fills the whole page
    With the text all over it!
    help lol

Also while i had outlook express I could se a webpage link I wanted to email or right click a photo to email it and just the message box came up

Now the whole email program opens - in windows and windows live too

I want all my mail to be downloade to just 1 computer
    But now if I find a pic or something and click send by email the email program opens and al my mail downloads itself to the wrong pc!
    help please :confused:

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

It goes in My Documents>My Stationary now with Live Mail as far as the background stationary goes. Not sure about compatibility with OE stationery but I would just ask to be sure you are trying to use the .htm stationery file and not the image file associated with it. Also be sure that both the .htm file and the image file are in the same folder if moved somewhere else.

The stationery creation wizard in Live Mail looks practically identical to the OE6 wizzard. For instance I can tile the picture vertically on the left side using it. A bit later in the wizzard I can also set the margins so the text body of the message won't come out on top of the graphic.

I don't know if there's a way not to have Live Mail start completely up just to send one message, might be stuck with that "feature." As far as only downloading to one computer, go into Tools>Accounts... and for each email account that applies, highlight it and choose properties and uncheck the "Include this account when receiving mail or sycronizing" box.

3. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

For Windows Mail

See my question & my solution here for opening a new email:

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/707814-solved-vista-how-do-you.html

Unless you made stationery using Visual Basic, you should be able to
    use those made on OE.

As to the size of the picture you used in OE being smaller, are you using
    the same exact picture and it comes out larger in Windows Mail? What
    size is the picture (width/ height in pixels?).

By using Irfanview you can resize pictures (and do a lot more) so they are
    suitable for emails. Read about it here. Download and install both the
    viewer and the plug-ins.

http://www.irfanview.com/

If you have some specific question, post the code you used on the OE
    stationery here and either I or someone might be able to help make it
    work in Windows Mail.

4. Me22

Me22 Thread Starter

thanks - fairnooks you said that - The stationery creation wizard in Live Mail looks practically identical to the OE6 wizzard. For instance I can tile the picture vertically on the left side using it. A bit later in the wizzard I can also set the margins so the text body of the message won't come out on top of the graphic.

But the pic sems too big Before I just found a pic on the net liked it and addd it to outlook express No question about the size
    Just want to make or find some pretty and classy stationary with a border for both windows mails
    In windows mail itself in vista I tried to download more of microsofts boring stationary But it seemed to disapper lol

5. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

You realize most people cannot see OE/Windows Mail stationery?
    Many have their email set to text mode and no images will appear
    in the body of the email. Even those that have HTML enabled,
    there are some email services that cannot read all of the code.
    Particularly older AOL based email and webmail.

6. Me22

Me22 Thread Starter

Hi I understand that But I do check and it's pretty lol Well it was when I could create it or find it to fit the screen lol

7. VistaRookie

VistaRookie

8. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I don't know that OE ever did any size modification of any images that were added as stationery. As VistaRookie alluded to, resizing and modifying the image you want to use before you make it stationery is a good idea.

9. Me22

Me22 Thread Starter

Thank you
    Will look at the sites

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/738234

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice