1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Mail Error 0x800CCCd2

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by polli, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. polli

polli Thread Starter

I am getting this message when I try to download my Gmail through Windows Mail
    It has worked fine for years But all of a sudden its struggling
    Please help ---:confused:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail **********account. Header download for the 'Personal' folder did not complete. Could notselect 'Personal' on the IMAP server. Try updating the folder list and then tryagain.

Server Response: NONEXISTENT] Unknown Mailbox: Personal (nowin authenticated state) (Failure)

Server: 'imap.gmail.com'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCCD2

Protocol: IMAP

Port: 993

Secure(SSL): Yes

Don't understand these things so can you make it simple

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You said "Windows Mail" in the thread title but the error message indicates that you are using "Windows Live Mail."

The error seems to be saying that in whatever email client you claim to have a "Personal" folder (mail box) but it does not exist on gmail's server. Why it can't get inbox or other folders I cannot explain. (Then again, I can't really explain anything about either of the clients called Windows Mail nor about Windows Live Mail.

Compare the folders (mail boxes) you have in your email client with what you find on the server using web mail access.

3. polli

polli Thread Starter

No I have never used windows live mail.
    It is Windows Mail I have.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Your error states you have Windows Live Mail.

Right click on your account on the left (usually says GMAIL (username)) and choose Download All Folders (may say Update IMAP Folders). See if that helps.

It may also be that the Personal folder is a virtual folder that is a placeholder, just like the [GMAIL] folder. We can get it to unsyncronise if the update list did not work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1104613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice