1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows mail in vista not responding

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by butterfly63, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. butterfly63

butterfly63 Thread Starter

please help. all of a sudden my windows mail in vista is just not responding. i get a 'server time out error' or the user name/password keeps coming up. i have re-started the pc several times, i have checked my caps lock and i can go in thru the browser and check my email so i know i not losing my mind in terms of the passwords. i have also opened up the HELP in windows mail and have checked and re-checked everything and all is the same as it has always been .. but it does not want to connect and then it times out .. any suggestions??? :)

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    It is a problem on your ISP's server as the server may be done.

OR you have made changes to your settings in the account area.

3. butterfly63

butterfly63 Thread Starter

no settings have been changed and I can connect to the internet without a problem. Shall I delete the accounts you think and reset??

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    'server time out error' means that there is a problem on the ISP server.
    Who is your email provider?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643331

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice