1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows-mail-serv-error

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by TimberDoodle, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimberDoodle

TimberDoodle Thread Starter

" Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop.suddenlink.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18"

This seems to have ocurred after Norton 360 was remotely down loaded and 360 was a lot different than the one it replaced. The reason it was replaced was that for the past week a dropdown would appear saying "Scanning e-mail 1 of 1 " then it would stay there looking dead and would not close unless re-started. Since I left computer on "Sleep" most of time, it stayed there for several days at a time.
    The Asian techs were unable to find out why after several hours, decided to re-install. They are usually very good, so must have been something weird.

I have gone back to the WEB Mail that my server has available at suddenlink.net. But, I kind of liked windows better. I suspect that I will have to call Norton again as I can'r seem to find any help on Windows mail error.

Appreciate any help; suspect it has something about security, but not knowledgable enough to know what..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice