Windows Mail - Text pasting - says "Drawing Canvas"

Soroti

Suddenly today Windows Mail refuses to accept pasting of copied text and gives me a simple response " Drawing Canvas " . I've tried copying into other programs e.g. Word and there's no problem but only in Windows Mail . I see that in the heading there is one that says Draw but I've made sure that I haven't put that on by mistake . It's almost as if that "Draw" section has overridden the "Format" section . I see that Microsoft had a similar complaint reported back in February but the discussion went back and forth without resolution . Does anyone have any ideas ??

Couriant

James
Do you have a touch screen monitor by chance?

Also, try this:

Go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Turn System Icons On or Off. Locate the Windows Ink Workspace icon here and set it to “Off”.

Soroti

Also, try this:

Go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Turn System Icons On or Off. Locate the Windows Ink Workspace icon here and set it to “Off”.
Thanks for yours - I regret that I don't have a touch screen . Re the Settings suggestion my Windows 10 system doesn't seem to have the Personalization access ( after right click )which a number of other(different) problems need to correct changed settings .

Soroti

Also, try this:

Further mine just now I find that I have 2 Settings buttons . One does have the pers
Thanks for yours - I regret that I don't have a touch screen . Re the Settings suggestion my Windows 10 system doesn't seem to have the Personalization access ( after right click )which a number of other(different) problems need to correct changed settings .
I've now found my way through to the TaskBar and I find that the Windows Ink Workspace and it is already turned to Off .

onalization response but that only Includes a change of colours

Couriant

James
Can you do a right click and paste as plain text? I don't use Mail so I don't the options.

Soroti

Can you do a right click and paste as plain text? I don't use Mail so I don't the options.
Having copied the item I want to place it in the Mail message I normally right click and it prints what I have copied. Now when I right click I get the message " Drawing Canvas" as if its expecting me to do something different . I reckon that somehow it's linked to the Draw function in Windows Mail which I have never used .

Couriant

James
I will have to look at my son's computer as I don't have Mail on mine and see if I can recreate this.

Soroti

Hi Couriant,

I may have got round the problem . I found that in the "Draw" section I may, somehow, have clicked a + sign and got the Drawing Canvas capability . Now that I've corrected it, on right clicking ( under the Format heading) to paste something, while I still get the Drawing Canvas notice it is accompanied by a Paste option which works normally .

Many thanks for your involvement .

Ron

Couriant

James
Hmm that is very strange, my son's machine does not do that, even if I press the icon to add the draw canvas.

You may want to post this issue in Microsoft's forums to see if anyone else can assist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online