Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Mail - Text pasting - says "Drawing Canvas"

4K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
Suddenly today Windows Mail refuses to accept pasting of copied text and gives me a simple response " Drawing Canvas " . I've tried copying into other programs e.g. Word and there's no problem but only in Windows Mail . I see that in the heading there is one that says Draw but I've made sure that I haven't put that on by mistake . It's almost as if that "Draw" section has overridden the "Format" section . I see that Microsoft had a similar complaint reported back in February but the discussion went back and forth without resolution . Does anyone have any ideas ??

#3 ·
Do you have a touch screen monitor by chance?

Also, try this:

Go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Turn System Icons On or Off. Locate the Windows Ink Workspace icon here and set it to "Off".
Thanks for yours - I regret that I don't have a touch screen . Re the Settings suggestion my Windows 10 system doesn't seem to have the Personalization access ( after right click )which a number of other(different) problems need to correct changed settings .

#6 ·
Having copied the item I want to place it in the Mail message I normally right click and it prints what I have copied. Now when I right click I get the message " Drawing Canvas" as if its expecting me to do something different . I reckon that somehow it's linked to the Draw function in Windows Mail which I have never used .

#8 ·
Hi Couriant,

I may have got round the problem . I found that in the "Draw" section I may, somehow, have clicked a + sign and got the Drawing Canvas capability . Now that I've corrected it, on right clicking ( under the Format heading) to paste something, while I still get the Drawing Canvas notice it is accompanied by a Paste option which works normally .

Many thanks for your involvement .

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.