1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Mail vs. AVG Free

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Speech99, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Speech99

Speech99 Thread Starter

I use Windows Mail on HP desktop that runs on Windows Vista. I run AVG free for anti-virus. I am having a terrible time of Windows Mail freezing up a lot, and when searching online, it seems like it may be a conflict with the Email scanner on AVG. The suggestions say to stop the email scanner, but I'm worried that will open me up to downloading a virus from emails.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Uninstall AVG and run the AVG Remover. You can reinstall it--if desired--after testing.

3. Speech99

Speech99 Thread Starter

But for the broader question, if I turn that feature off (I actually like AVG), won't that leave my email exposed?

Thanks,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065314