windows ME explorer frustration

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vidyaishaya

I recently got a new computer with ME installed.
I've been using Windows 98 for the last few years.

When the Windows Explorer opens, it simply lists
"My Computer"

I have to click on that, followed by clicking on the HD to see my list of folders. On every other Windows operating system I've used, the Windows Explorer opens directly onto the HD with my folders showing.

Is there any way to change the default on Windows Explorer so that it opens where I want it to? :confused:

Thanks much!

....Vidya

You can try opening Explorer though a shortcut.

>>Right click on the Desktop and select New>Shortcut

>>For the "Command Line",enter, or copy/paste this:

C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /n,/e,C:\

>>Click Finish.

You can drag and drop this on your Quicklaunch bar.

Hi vidyaishaya!

I've been using this C: rooted Explorer shortcut for years now and find it a boon, but I also find I wish to alter items in My Documents most frequently. I therefore set up a separate rooted explorer short cut on the quick launch bar with My Documents as the target. You can set one up to practically any destination you choose.

As this link, that gives the lowdown on all the switches you might use, clearly shows, the possibilities are endless. Try it with multiple drives.

http://www.wugnet.com/tips/display.asp?ID=406

LOL

vidyaishaya

That's exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks for the link. It sure is nice
to have such good support on this Forum.

....Vidya

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts