Windows ME file needed!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KaiLord

hello im looking for this file from the windows ME cd called irdasir.reg under the folder tools\pssutil. can someone post this file or pm me thanks alot in advance!

btw this file is needed for infrared to work on windows ME =)

To install an infrared adapter on a Windows Me-based computer:
1. Ensure that a cable of the external infrared adapter is attached to a serial COM port on the computer.

2. Double-click the Irdasir.reg file in the Tools\Pssutil folder on your Windows Me CD-ROM, and then click Yes to update the registry.

3. Click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.

4. Double-Click Add New Hardware.

5. Click Next to begin the installation of software, and then follow the steps as outlined by
the wizard.

6. When you are prompted for the type of hardware that you want to install, click Infrared Devices.

7. From the list, click the adapter type that you have connected to your computer, and then follow the steps as outlined by the wizard.

NOTE: If an adapter had been installed in the previous version of Windows, the necessary files are updated automatically after an upgrade to Windows Me. In this situation, you do not have to run the the Irdasir.reg file.

From this site: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=295374

Also you can try system restore,,,,start,,,,programs,,,,,accessories,,,,system tools,,,,system restore and choose a date when it was working if it ever did.
If you have questions or if you are not sure you understand something please ask.
Good luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online