1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows ME freeze

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by lonesome_wolf2000, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lonesome_wolf2000

lonesome_wolf2000 Thread Starter

Im working on an HP that was shipped with Windows ME.
    The computer keeps freezing up. When it locks up it wont "unlock." (No ctrl+alt+del, no mouse, no keyboard, etc) I installed Norton Anti-virus and updated and scanned for viruses. No viruses. I know ME has had lots of problems. Should I remove ME and put on something else. Or is there a patch or update i can do. I have another machine doing something similar (check for another post). Please, if you have any ideas.....post.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

When do the freezes occur? Have you done an Ad-aware scan to detect and remove bundled spyware, and have you eliminated unnecessary programs from startup?

Let's have a look at what is loading at start. Run msinfo32 and click on "software environment" and "startup programs". Then click edit>select all>edit>copy and paste the copied text in a reply.

3. lonesome_wolf2000

lonesome_wolf2000 Thread Starter

Here's the text from msinfo: I added it as an attatchment b/c it looked to messy to copy/paste.

Attached Files:

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

No spy or ad-ware that I see on a quick look.

Here are some items that I think you could do just fine without, you can uncheck them in msconfig>startup

delayrun.exe
    loadqm.exe
    moneyexpress.exe
    wkdetect.exe
    qbagent.exe

You may also want to review some of the hp related stuff.

You can identify and learn more about these items and decide whether you want them, by reviewing the info at this site:

http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice