1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows ME frezzes

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by shaynt, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaynt

shaynt Thread Starter

Hello Everbody
    I am not sure if anybody has posted this problem before but i am having trouble with my laptop freezing
    it happens quite regularlly now
    i hear a beep then my screen freezes and i loose my mouse pointer i cannot select anything and when i do Ctrl+Alt +Delete nothing happens and the only way to get out of this is to turn the power of and on at the switch
    Iam running Windows ME on my Samsung GT8000 it is P3 75o mhz with 128ram
    Thank you in advance
    shaynt
    :confused:

2. fpmm25

fpmm25

How many beeps is it doing?
    Have you tried getting into safe mode by pressing f8 when starting the computer. If you can do this, you should check for viruses.
    The other one to try is by using a boot disk and do a system restore to one back before this was happening.
    How old is your computer?
    It could also be a hardware problem but I'm not sure.

3. shaynt

shaynt Thread Starter

it usually beeps but the last time it happened the user said it beeped a few timesbefore locking up
    i havent tried safe mode yet but i will get back to you on this
    it is a laptop passed from an old user to a new user so i am not sure how old it is but it isn't new
    i was thinking of trying the windows update site to check it
    do you think this is a good idea?
    :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice