windows me goes slow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raheelm

I have a 1Ghz athlon with 256 ram, onboard sound, and 32 mb geforce card and 40 gig HD. I have windows me on my system.
i have seen that when i am playing music and start an intensive program like a cd burner software, the music becomes slow and scratchy. Is this a resource problem? I mean games are running sweet and all.
Would upgrading memory or the sound card hv much effect?
Thanks..

The interference is probably from the cd software grabbing the IDE bus to transfer data, both programs are trying to access the hard drive at the same time. If the burner software is the only program that causes it, I would not worry about it. A higher end sound card might help, but I would just let the burner have access to the drive, it is much less likely to make coasters if nothing else is running

raheelm
Welcome to TSG!
Swwelsh Is absolutely correct with his advise. I am surprised you haven't had any buffer underruns yet playing music during a burn session. Your system must be running quite efficiently.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts