1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows ME/HP Deskjet 842c problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shoeby2, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoeby2

shoeby2 Thread Starter

Hi, I keep getting the following message when I try to print to my HP Deskject 842c from my Windows ME computer.

"There was an error writing to LPT1: for the printer (HP Deskjet 840C series): The printer is not ready. Make sure it is turned on and online. To continue printing click retry. Windows will automatically retry after 5 seconds."

Now the background. I've always had this problem, but to fix it, I would just unplug and replug the USB to my computer, then print again. I got sick of that and in my infinite wisdom decided to download the latest driver from HP's website and install it, thinking maybe that will take care of this minor workaround. Well now I can't get it to work at all. I've followed every HP suggestion step by step from their website about uninstalling/reinstalling. Nothing works. It's listed with no problem on device manager, the printer cable is fine, the printer is on, etc. I've gone through this at least 10 times over the past few days thinking maybe this time it will work. Tonight I even did a system restore back before I downloaded the new driver. Still nothing. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Brian

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218243

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice