Windows ME locks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ponger

I just upgraded to Windows ME recently from Windows 98SE and now I have problems with Windows ME intermittently locking up.

My install of Windows ME was a clean install, i.e. format c: then setup. I did not have any problems with the install. I also don't see any errors when Windows ME locks up. The problem happens intermittently when I am using any application by itself or have other applications opened. When this happens I am forced to reboot (can't even CTRL-ALT-DEL and end the task).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

ME is a downgrade in my opinion, but here goes. Go to control panel and look for any device conflicts and also loopk at the performance tab to see if aything is running in DOS compatibility mode. Download the latest device drivers for all your hardware and go from there.

I concur Rockn.

Updated drivers are definitely needed - especially after a new install.

(Either that, or go back to Win98 SE!):D

Ponger

Thanks for the suggestions!

I checked in my device manager and I do not have any conflicting devices. Also, nothing is running in DOS mode.

I am downloading device drivers now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online