Windows ME sleep mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Burnsma64

Windows ME sleep mode
I have manually been putting my comp. to sleep when I am not using it by pushing the Sleep button on my dashboard. Last night when I pushed it I got a blue screen and comp. froze. Nothing I pushed helped so I shut down power. The button hasn't worked since. Also, occassionally, when I start up comp. the desktop is magnified,all icons and taskbar are over large. I check display properties and my resolution has switched to 640 x 480 pixels. Regular is 800 x 600. I cannot move the bar to change it, i restart and it goes back to normal.
I looked in Help and it said to try Susfail so I did. The message is "Your computer could not suspend or Hibernate, because a device vetoed the suspend or hibernate request".
One of the questions on Help is," Is there a problem with your display adapter driver?". I am not experienced with these things. Can you help me?
burnsma64

Im not the ME man, but, have you added any programs lately? Maybe changed screensavers? You could search around and see if there is an updated diver for the display adapter. To find what kind, right click the my computer icon>choose properties>device manager>click the plus next to display adapter.

Burnsma64

Hi, and thanks for responding. I will try that. I haven't added anything new. Now get this, this morning when I started my computer I got the enlarged version again so I shut down and started up again. Then I thought I would try sleep mode since I saw it flash when I started up. Lo! it worked! Like something has temporarily shorted it out...or something. Perhaps it may be a driver? I know nothing about them but I'm going to check what you said. Thanks again. Burns

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online