1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Me to Xp networking

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sldavis, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sldavis

sldavis Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm having trouble networking my 2 computers. Computer #1 is running Windows ME and is connected to a linksys wireless router by a network cable. Computer #2 is running Windows XP Pro and is connected to the router by a wirless pcmcia 802.11b card. The trouble is not so much connecting the two computer together but it's trying to transfer files from the XP computer to the ME computer. When I try to do this the XP computer will give me the blue screen of death, then almost instanly re-start. But when I try to transfer file from the ME computer to the XP computer it works like a charm. Any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!! (I'm pulling my hair out)

Thanks sldavis

2. TheLord

TheLord

what are the steps u take to transfer from ME to XP and from XP to ME ??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice