1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows ME unwanted login/password screen

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by lucytogo, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lucytogo

lucytogo Thread Starter

This login screen comes on when I boot up. It wants user name and password. I just hit cancel and it will go on away and finish booting windows up. My question is how do I get that login/password screen to stop coming up? PLEASE HELP ME! :confused:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Depends what log in it is. If it's the normal Windows log in, all you need do is leave the password box blank and click OK. It shouldn't come up the next boot.

If you open the Networking applet in the Control Panel and see Microsoft Networks installed, then you are seeing a network log in box. Change your protocol to Windows Logon, remove MS Networking, and the log in box won't appear any more.

3. lucytogo

lucytogo Thread Starter

It comes up, I leave user blank and password blank, just hit cancel and it keeps coming up everytime I boot up my system. Help please!?!

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Then you will need to remove Networking (unless you are networked, it is not needed).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328050

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice