windows me won't boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kingbandit15

I tryed to install on of my favorite games and it would not install so i tryed closing out program installer and it froze so i turned it off. But when i turn it on it gets as far as the Windows ME loading screen and goes no further. Please help me solve my problem:(

Hi and welcome to TSG :)

Can you boot up in Safe Mode?

Constantly tap f8 on bootup - you will be presented with the Startup options - select Safe Mode.

If you can boot up in Safe Mode you should be able to restore the system to an earlier date.

Once booted up - goto Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Make sure there is a check against "Restore my system to an earlier time" click Next

Select a date (bold) to restore to that is prior to you problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online