1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Me

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by robyartist1, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robyartist1

robyartist1 Thread Starter

Last year my daughter purchased a computer for the first time. She received Windows ME. I purchased my computer this year with Windows ME. Just a couple of hours ago her computer crashed trying to defragment. She found out that a lot of people are having trouble with the Windows ME; and that that happens alot. She started out having a lot of errors come up. I have had error windows come up also. Is this true of Windows ME and can I do something about it before mine crashes too? What is this all about? Does anyone know and has anyone heard of this problem before? They should recall Windows ME. She was told to go to XP, which I never heard of; but, that costs a lot more money.

2. Del

Del

I think a lot has to do with how you use your compute. I had Windows 98 for 2 years and had many blue screens and crashes and used ME for a year. I don't think I had 2 crashes in a year. I'm trying XP now and it seems fine. You just have to watch what you are running and what you load to your computer.
    Del

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice