windows media cds playing to fast?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

seeny21

please help there is probably a very easy way to fix this but i have been trying to burn my cds onto the pc to create mp3s for my car stereo everything gos fine and dandy but wen i played the cds i burnt it sounded like they were on helium iv searched windows media player and cannot find any controls to alter this also i cant get windows updates because i dont have any activex co9ntrols on or sumthing so any suggestions with "get an uodate" wont help any other help will be highly appreciated.

thankyou

where do they sound fast, on the player in your car, or in all players?

are u using xp?
what version of wmp are u using?

seeny21

i am not sure hoiw to find out what version of wmp i am using but my pc is windows xp if that halps? the cds play to fast on wmp. any suggestions?

does a store bought music cd sound fast also...if it does the problem may be in your cd drive.

there is a speed setting in wmp10 but it seems to reset to normal when you close the prog.
in the help tab of wmp you'll see "about wmp" that will tell you the version.
if you can't find the help tab...it's in the drop down menu in the upper right next to the - sign.

seeny21

i am using the windows version 9 series wen i put any cd into the drive and press the option play using wmp it then sounds like the singer vis on helium do you think you have a sollution?

do you have any other players on your computer like itunes or winamp.
if you do see if they sound fast in those.

if they do then the problem is most likely in your cd drive and i don't know any way to fix that other that getting a new one.
is this an old system or drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online