Windows Media Center key

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KevinDunk

Hello everyone I purchased a computer with Windows 8 on it. I took advantage of Microsoft's free Media Center key that they were offering. I went to Best Buy and purchased the Windows 8 Pro Pack and installed it on my computer. I then went into Add Features to type in the Media Center key and the Add features to Windows 8 option is now gone. I thought what the heck is going on. I then went into Programs and found that Windows Media Center is now installed!! How did that happen without typing in the Windows Media Center key???

KevinDunk

Everything I have read states that even though you upgrade to Pro you still need a key for Media Center. What was the point of signing up for the key if I didn't need it? I am worried that something will happen and then i will get stuck buying a key because if I dont activate the free key I got from Microsoft before tonight it will expire and be no good.

TerryNet

Terry
Everything I have read states that even though you upgrade to Pro you still need a key for Media Center.
That is correct. Another thing you can do, other than simply upgrading to Pro, is to get the Windows 8 Pro Pack.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online