Windows Media Digital Playback Prob

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cee219

I have Windows 98 (dinosaur, and as slow as one no doubt) and version 9 of Windows Media Player.

I am trying to copy songs from my CD's to my computer via Windows Media Player, because that is the only way I can then transfer them into my mp3 player (I copy songs onto my computer for my own personal use, they are not shared illegally).

For the last few weeks, whenever I try to copy a CD into my computer, it says:

"Windows media encountered an error when reading the CD-ROM drive in digital media. You can try digital mode again, or you can switch to analog mode"

The error code is Error ID = 0xC00D11F8

So I click on "more information" and it tells me to go to Tools> Options> Devices tab > double click on CD-Rom drive> and change in playback area

So I followed this, and I got as far as double clicking on CD-ROM drive, but the exact moment when I click on it, it pops up and then goes away. It isn't even on the screen for a second, I can't even see what it says.

I've been having this problem for a few weeks now, but I am completely stumped and need to enlist intelligent help. I'm most bummed because I haven't been able to transfer songs to my mp3 player, which has it's own computer software - but I can't copy music from that either. So I have a worthless $200 piece of electrical equipment laying around :(

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated! If you need more info, just ask

When you go to Tools> Options> Devices tab, instead of doing the double click, select which drive you want to look at, then try clicking on properties instead and it should bring you to the same screen as when you double click.

It should have 2 boxes, one for Playback and one for Rip. In each box you can choose either analog or digital. You were saying the msg said to change the playback to analog, so I would try that one first and if that doesn't help, switch the Rip one.

This might work, and if it does it also might take a very long time to rip a cd, but I guess that's better than not working at all.

cee219

Sorry, I forgot to say that I have clicked on Properties, and just for kicks I tried it again, to no avail.

Thanks for your help though!

I've ripped CDs in the past, so I know that it works, I just don't understand why it's stopped.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online