windows media player 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moorej2

I don't seem to be able to install windows media player series 10.When I try, it goes through the setup process but then it says that it has not been passed as windows compatible or something like that and that the software will not be installed.It then just goes back to the setup for windows media player series 9 which I already have installed.Does anyone know why this is?

moorej2

I have windows XP home addition.Don't have service pack 2.

It says something like it has not passed windows logo testing and will not be installed if that helps.

Typically you should be able to install anyway without being whql certified.

The only reason i can see it not being installed is if you are running a hacked copy of windows. In which case no further help will be given in this forum. You at least have service pack 1 installed correct?

moorej2

I have windows service pack 1 installed.Its just the copy of windows that came installed on my computer.I've got the disk and keycode for it.I never had this type of problem before getting updates or downloading any software.

The exact message I get as the setup begins is 'the software you are testing has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatiblity with windows xp' then it says contact your system administrator.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online