1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows media player 11 and MP3 s

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by benferguson, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benferguson

benferguson Thread Starter

I decided to trust in windows when i ripped my entire cd collection in windows media player 11. you have to go with someone right? I recently realized my garmin gps plays mp3s. great but they dont (nor do they plan to) support wma or aac. Essentially Garmin sounds like they dont want to get involved in the entire rights management/media wars. Can you blame them? Any how i need a simple and effective way to sync to my garmin while converting wmas to mp3s. (from what I can tell) Microsoft (wmp 11) allows you to rip to mp3 format from cds but wont allow you to convert wmas to mp3s. (that makes sense :confused: ) it says that it will convert files before syncing to device if it decides the device needs the files converted. (Maybe the two machines sit down for coffee before syncing) needless to say their communication is not effective and it copies wmas directly on to the garmin, which garmin promptly ignores. Sooooo, I tried using another program called switch. It converts the songs before saving them on the garmin. It takes a long time and doesn't bring over any tag information so my garmin can recognize the artist, album etc. and there i am. sorry to rant. but essentially:

Does anyone now of the most efficient and easy way to sync a device that only plays mp3s to windows media player 11 library full of wmas?

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

3. benferguson

benferguson Thread Starter

thanks yeah converting sounds bad.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice