1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows media player 11 online

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Nedman, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nedman

Nedman Thread Starter

i've installed internet explorer 7 and windows media player 11 and since then i can't see clips online. windows media player simply doesn't play streaming videos. can anybody help me?

2. natb3

natb3

There are plenty of excellent alternatives to Windows Media Player. I too was having all kinds of problems with this crap (it seems to be filled with tons of spyware from Microsoft). Now I use the following freeware players (all excellent, reliable and problem free!):

1.) GOM Player
    2.) VLC Media player
    3.) FSPlayer
    4.) Media Player Classic

These and others can be found on most freeware sites such as
    www.cnet.com and www.freewarefiles.com just to name a few.

The reason you may need more than 1 player is to be able to play ALL types of media (video, DVD, mp3 and many others). I hope this helps.

3. RastaManPower

RastaManPower

i think the best player is winamp tho

4. natb3

natb3

What exactly does WinAmp have that the others don't. I know a lot of people like WinAmp but why? I used to use it several years ago and was not impressed.
    If I remember correctly all it did was play audio but not video. What has changed in the last few years?

Natb

5. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

You've basically installed 2 BETAS problems are to expected especially since you installed both. It's always best to avoid BETAS unless you enjoy troubleshooting.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice